Accounting/time tracking tool with "project module":
- Project manager: "How much do I have left in my budget?"
- Project member: "How many hours can I spend on this?"
- Financial manager: "Have our invoices been paid?"
- Resource manager: "Who's available to work in this project?"
- Quality responsible: "Have we completed all regulatory steps?"
Typically, you can also forget about planning your resources in it, so you're stuck a disconnected, separate tool (hi, Excel...). Frankly, it doesn't really care about project management, it cares about company accounting - about lump sums in the end of the month/quarter/year.
No project insight. No cost analysis. No relevant data that can help you make qualified decisions about the progress of your current project and how to prioritise future ones.